At the time I took the photo above, I hadn't had a chance to sew on the buttons I'd bought for the garden block, so here is what it really looks like.......This quilt was a landmark in many ways - it was the first one where I actually decided on the border first. I was attracted to the green for some reason, so decided to 'go for it'!
It was also the first time I had used a range of fabrics predominately, rather than bits and pieces.
Another achievement was that I organised the applique on all the blocks and completed them together - I chose one thread colour and sewed all the blocks that needed it and then changed to another colour. The end result was that, all of a sudden. I had many blocks suddenly finished!
After attending a wonderful colorque workshop with Helen Stubbings, I added colour to some blocks with both pencil and paint.
I love the applique and embroidery components of quilts and look forward to playing more on this style in the future - there are several lined up in the 'to do' list!