Sunday, October 18, 2009
Sunday, October 11, 2009
I did TRUCKLOADS!!!
Chris has taken it for quilting - she plans to use a gold thread, similar to the one used in the corners of the sashing (that aren't in this picture!) in an oriental design - I can't wait to see it!
2. I made another two gift sewing bags.. if you look closely, you'll see that I still need to do the tidying up and thread the draw strings. One day, I'll make one for myself!
3. I started quilting Steven's quilt - the photo doesn't show the quilting super clearly, but you'll get the idea. Steven made me up a template for the spirals which makes them very efficient to mark.
I took a few items I no longer wanted and sold many of them. That meant I had money to spend on this fabulous new book!
Friday, October 09, 2009
The quilt from Penny arrived. It is beautiful, and she has done such a lovely job of its construction and quilting - I need to match her quality of workmanship to finish it off, and then Liam is lucky enough to have been given it - such a wonderfully generous act on Penny's behalf.
- I posted my summertime quilt
- Completed Steven's quilt top - I'm hoping to get some of the quilting done this weekend
- Made a special bag for Karen based on Leesa Chandler's "Sip and Sew" kit
- Received the wonderful blue table topper from Sandie (more about her to follow!)
- Sent my friendship bag and a label to Claudia in Milan, Italy
- Made a proverb ATC - any guesses what the proverb is?
OK - I'm off for a lovely weekend.... I hope yours is wonderful!