Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March Projects

I have SO many items very close to finished, but with the pressures of work, few have managed to be completed this month.


My only achievement is the 9 themed ATC's I managed to create for this month's challenge - this was what I wanted the assistance and inspiration for in my last post........







Thank you all for your suggestions - I now want to create a larger project, as so many qualities listed were important ones to attempt to emulate.

To create the ATC's, I painted a piece of fabric with blue and pink paint, (which merged into mauve at about the centre of each ATC) and salted it, causing the ripples and interesting effects. The words were then stitched and the sparkly trim added after that.
What do you think?

I'm really enjoying creating the ATC'S!


One project I was hoping to complete this month, but will be included in next month's tally is this strip pieced quilt:

I just have to complete hand sewing the binding, and then I will drop it in to Sandra at Sandlyn House. For many years, there has been an annual retreat to Marysville, and while I couldn't attend last year due to Steven's illness, I have many happy memories of a previous weekend retreat the year before. Sandra will pass it through to her friends to brighten the life ofone resident affected by the fires. I'm also hoping to make a masculine version, but I will see how I go.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I've got one! I've got one! the lovely ATC's that is! Thanks Al!

Karen said...

Love the strip pieced quilt.