Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday flaunt and great news!

I can't wait - the first thing I want to share with you is that the PET scan Steven had was negative, meaning there was no evidence of cancer in it - the relief is massive, but I suppose we have to get used to this roller coaster of events, as we can no longer naively think that all is well - that is the unfortunate legacy of cancer......We want to get on with our lives, and after a year of Steven suffering massive pain and still suffering damage from the tumour and chemotherapy drugs, we need to refocus and start enjoying life! The oncologist still needs to clarify what is causing the symptoms Steven has been experiencing, but the clear scan is a great start.



This last week, I made a few cards - not sewing, but very therapeutic and more achievable than some other things at the moment. Work pressures combined with worrying about Steven have made it impossible for my brain to function properly, and I find that the card making doesn't cause as much brain strain as some other things.

I also finally managed to complete a few ATC's - the theme was 'something old, something new'...
the 'something old' was the hand dyed fabric. The 'something new' were the lovely white flowers I bought up at 'Patchwork Teahouse' a few weeks ago.
I have received the circle foot, so hope to spend some time getting used to it over the weekend and then doing some more of the blocks for Steven's quilt. I'll let you know how I go.

9 comments:

cinzia said...

Personally I think the oncologist's report is the best flaunt you could have made.. with the cards a good second too. Congratulations to both Steven and yourself and best wishes for a great future with more positive results.

Kate Quilts said...

Congratulations on the clear scan - that's great news!

The ATC's and cards are lovely too. :)

Julie said...

I can't agree more, the best news is the clear PET Scan. Such lovely cards too, where do you get your ideas?

Julie said...

I agree with Cinzia, what a fantastic flaunt! Although I also love your ATC's and cards, great way to occupy your mind at a difficult time in your life!

Frou said...

Congrats on Stephen's news, and the cards are lovely...

ozjane said...

Precious and wonderful news that gives joy to us also. May the healing work continue to increase.
Love your clever work also.

Penny said...

Those of us who have not been touched by cancer to someone so close to us will never know your feeling of relief. Compassion is as close as it comes, but my goodness Alison you are blessed. I can well imagine that the hang overs from the tough drugs and the disease itself makes one feel unwell for time to come. I am very happy for you.
Cheers

Shaorn Siacci said...

Alison, these are lovely and great news about Steve.

barb said...

What wonderful new for you and Steven!! I have been thinking of you often - we will catch up again soon. The cards are lovely as well, where do you get your inspiration?
Hugs, Barb