Friday, November 14, 2008

A very special photo

I have decided to share this very special photo........When I started my blog, I thought I would try and stay as anonymous as possible, partly due to my job and also to protect the identities of my lovely children. Because of that (and the fact that I HATE having my photo taken!!) I have never posted my photo.

However, with Steven undergoing treatment for a major illness and also suffering extreme long term pain, I regret not having more photos of my family unit or of the two of us together as a couple.

I want to share this photo with my many blogging friends because it is a rare photo of the five of us together and because it reminds me of much happier times. Steven's diagnosis was so unexpected that we did not have any opportunity to plan, prepare ourselves or make any decisions........ this photo is my goal of what I hope we can do in the future if all goes well.

If you are like Steven and I and shy away from the camera, try and brace yourself and have a couple of photos taken - you never really know how special they may become!


3 comments:

Julie said...

You have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing!

Lynette Anderson said...

What a lovely picture of you all, keep smiling and we will have you all in our thoughts.
Lynette x

Stina Blomgren said...

Hi there...
Thanks for visiting my blog... :o)
Couldn´t email you back (noreply) so I hope you dont mind me doing it here...!!
Congratulations in your finishing of the Angel Quilt...hope you have it somewhere here on the blog so I can see it...:o)
Ahhh...I hope mine will be ready soon...hope I can start to quilt soon...longing for that...:o)

Want to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year!!